So far I’m liking the new grocery shopping schedule I’ve made. Aldi puts out some new deals on Wednesday, so I go there for those deals and my staples, then I shop as normal at Shaw’s on Friday (or Saturday in this case). On Friday it took me almost twice as long to get from my parents’ to my apartment turnoff thanks to abnormal traffic and I just did not feel like fighting people traffic in the store for my groceries.
So here is my grocery haul for the week.
- Decaf coffee – $2.69
- Greek yogurt – $0.75 (found one random tub on sale so I grabbed it)
- Oranges – $1.79
- Bread – $1.39
- Lactose free milk – $2.79 (apparently they don’t carry whole lactose free milk anymore, that’s disappointing)
- Saltines – $0.75
- Green peppers – $0.99
- Mushrooms – $0.79
- English muffins – $0.99 (trying out different kinds so we’re not shelling out over $4 each time)
- Diced tomatoes – $0.55
- Imitation crab – $1.89 (thought I’d try something new, this was on sale)
- Whole milk – $1.99
- Turkey sausage – $1.99
- Chicken leg quarters – $0.89 per pound, $4.65
- Almond butter – $4.99 (always wanted to try it and that’s the best price I’ve seen)
Shaw’s haul (ignore husband foot in the background):
- Olive oil – $4.99, saved $2
- Nature Valley cookies – FREE with coupon
- English muffins – $2.50 for 12 (more trying new)
- Natural jelly – $3.49
- Chicken bouillon – $2.49
- Shredded mozzarella – $2.34
- Greek yogurt – $0.88 each
- Sour cream – $1, saved $0.39
- Orange juice – $3.49 each
- 6 eggs – $1.49
- Ice cream – $1.99
- Ground turkey – $1.88 each, plus a coupon for $1.50 off two
- Grapes – $3.47, saved $1 per pound
- Bananas – $0.99
- Deli cheese – $5.44
- Deli ham – $4.94
Weekly Total: $76.88
Okay, so the total budget is getting a little high, but we feel more satisfied during the week. My husband has extra fruit to take to work. My almond butter bumped it up as well but that was a one-time purchase.
- Honey and Soy Tofu, Broccoli and Rice – All ingredients from stockpile
- Crockpot Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy – Bought chicken and chicken bouillon this week, everything else from stockpile
- Pasta Crab Casserole – Purchased mushrooms, crab meat, green peppers and sour cream this week.
- Orange Rice Bowls – Purchased ground turkey and orange juice.
- Breakfast – Decided to take break at the end of the week and eat breakfast for dinner, with some frozen homemade waffles I made on Sunday.