I’m recovering from my wisdom teeth extraction, finally. I woke up on Saturday to a little bit of pain but mostly full range of motion again, yay!
At least I was able to go shopping myself this week, so we don’t repeat last week. I still need to get to Aldi (they opened one in my city finally!!!) and Costco, because we’re out of chicken.
I’m very happy with this week’s groceries, I got literally almost everything either on sale, in a deal or with a coupon.
- 2 packages English muffins – B1G1 $4.39
- Vegetable oil – was on sale for $2.99 but I didn’t notice that it rang up at $3.99. Oh well.
- Body wash for hubby – on sale for $4.29 plus a $1 off coupon
- Shaving cream for hubby – $1.59, plus they scanned it through a second time
- Deodorant for hubby – on sale for $2.50 plus a $1 off coupon
- Orange juice – $3.49 each (price went up $0.20)
- Shredded mozzarella – $1.88
- Butter – $2.50
- Ground chicken – $3
- Grapes – on sale for $0.97 a pound! I got more than $10 worth of grapes for $2.50
- Spinach – $2.50
- Deli turkey – $7.48
- Deli cheese – $2.91
My store was also running a huge deal, buy 10 mix and match items, get them for $0.79 each. I bought:
- 2 cans of tomatoes, diced and sauce
- Sandwich bags
- Frozen cauliflower
- 6 greek yogurt tubs
But wait, that adds up to 11 items! Yes, because the sandwich bags didn’t have a sign on them and I didn’t want to end up with 9 items and no sale. However, it worked out because only 5 of the yogurts got scanned. Plus it balances out with the twice-scanned shaving cream. I wish people would pay more attention, but at least it somewhat worked out in my favor this time.
My menu for the week:
- Ground Chicken Casserole
- Sausage and Spinach Skillet
- Spinach, Mushroom and Chickpea Rice
- Simply Great Chicken with Greek Lima Beans
I am one recipe short, so I thought I’d wing it with what I have on hand. I always come up with an interesting recipe when I do that.