My husband has decided he’d rather not go grocery shopping anymore, so it’s now left to me. That’s not a bad thing though, we definitely save a lot of money and stick closer to the list when I shop alone. I also don’t feel rushed, he likes to make it like a race to go as quickly as possible. The main benefit to taking him with me is that he can navigate the deli counter while I continue shopping, and he can pick out his own snacks.
I went to two stores this week because we still had a gift card to another store.
- Face wash – $3.99
- Shampoo – $0.99
- Grapes – $3.49 lb
- Two cans of chickpeas – $0.89 each
Regular grocery store:
- Bread – $2.50 down from $4.29
- Sardines – $0.80; I tried sardines for the first time on toast with avocado, so amazing! Definitely going to be a regular lunch.
- Coffee – $2.50 down from $3.49
- Pasta sauce – $1.77; stocking up for later meals.
- Quick oats – $2.99 down from $3.99
- Frozen blueberries – $2.99 down from $3.29
- Frozen tortellini – 2 bags, $3.34 each
- Shrimp – $3.99; This is my stock-up price, I should start buying two when it’s this price.
- Brussels sprouts – $2.99 for a package of already cut ones.
- Green and red bell pepper – $1.99 and $2.99 a pound respectively.
- Spinach – $2 down from $2.99
- Organic bananas – $2.01
- Lemon – $0.69
- Avocado – $1.25
- Turkey sausage – $3.49; These were on sale almost every week last year but so far this year, no sales.
- Deli ham – $3.43
- Orange juice – $3.29 each for 2
- Milk – normal price is up to $2.19, not cool
- Toilet paper – $4.99 for 12
We saved $15 or 20% of the bill. I saved on the bell pepper with $0.25 and $0.50 rebates, and a $0.25 rebate on pasta sauce.