First official week of the year! I’m so glad to be back into a routine, especially with all of the resolutions I have to work on. Have you checked out my movie and book lists at the top of the page? I’m going to be busy busy busy this year.
On to the menu. I decided this year to have themed meal nights to make everything balanced and to make it easier to choose meals for the week. I went with pasta night, casserole/one pot night, fish night, chicken night, and meatless/vegetarian night.
- Baked Penne – I’ve had this recipe forever but have never used it. I’ll be using just ricotta because I had a little setback at the store.
- Creamy Ground Chicken Casserole – Ultimate comfort food.
- Shrimp with Feta Cheese – I’ll be trying this recipe with rice instead of orzo this week as I want to keep our pasta eating to a minimum.
- Hummus Chicken – I’ll probably be serving this with potatoes and steamed veggies.
- Spaghetti Squash with Brussels Sprouts and Chickpeas – I decided to go low carb for this meatless dish. This will be a bit of work, hope it turns out well.
Dinner ingredients for the week were only $12.29, I think that’s the lowest yet. Check back on Thursday for details on the most amazing stock up trip we’ve ever had.