Whew, this week we spent way less than last week, plus managed to buy some last minute Christmas presents, and stock up a bit!
Our total was about $80. We’ll subtract the Christmas stuff:
- Wine for a gift – $8.99
- Chocolates for a gift – $5.99
- Tissue paper – $3.16
That brings us to about $62. Much more like a shopping trip should look. For meals this week, I bought:
- Rice – $5.99
- Organic diced tomatoes – $1
- Small can of tomato sauce – $0.67; so mad they moved or did something with the store brand tomato sauce that’s usually $0.50
- Shredded cheese – On sale for $1.77
- Ground chicken – Still couldn’t find the $2.88 ground turkey that was also on sale last week, this was $3
- Green pepper – $0.86
- 5 lbs of potatoes – $2.99
- Turkey sausage – $2.50
I did some stocking up too!
- Quick oats – Brand name was $3.99, the usual price for store brand when not on sale.
- Bread – B1G1, plus I had a coupon that doubled. I paid $3.39 for two loaves of nice bread.
- Whole grain shell pasta – $1 down from $1.50. I now have a small stock of healthy(er) pasta.
- Chocolate chips – I don’t use them a lot in baking, but now I have a bag and a half when I picked this one up for $1.77, saving $1.22.
- Olive oil – I usually buy store brand but this nice brand was on sale for $3.99, down from $6.49.
- A can of tuna – $0.80; I should have bought more than one, I might pick up more during the week. I plan on making tuna cakes or something to eat for lunches.
- A second can of organic diced tomatoes – $1
- Can of pineapple chunks – $1.25; Good for stir fries.
- Frozen snap peas and lima beans – cheap sides or additions to stir fry for $1 each, down from $1.99
- Husband bought a container of healthy nuts and seeds – $3.99 down from $4.49
- Mangoes – $1.25 each, down from $2
- Pomegranate – Still $2.50!
- Kashi Chocolate Chia bars I’ve been wanting to try – $0.50 off.