Last week of October! I’m kind of glad because it’s not my favorite month. I love the weather and the season, but I’m not a fan of Halloween. I know, I’m lame. I didn’t celebrate it as a kid much, and didn’t even dress up until I was in high school and working my first job. Halloween is our niece’s birthday though so we’ll at least have a birthday party to go to.
Also a reason I don’t like it is because scary costumes honestly kind of freak me out. When I was really young, a guy in a grim reaper costume jumped at me in a store. You won’t catch me going to a haunted house anytime soon.
Anyway, the menu!
- Cheesy Sausage and Rice – Hallelujah! I made this last night with black beans, and my husband actually liked it! He claims he hates beans and definitely wasn’t happy when he saw them. But he went back for seconds anyway.
- Butternut Macaroni and Cheese – Third time trying butternut squash. I really want to like it because everyone else does, I just have a mental block against it. Maybe disguising it with cheese is the answer.
- Creamy Ground Turkey Casserole – Easy and delicious, can’t go wrong with that.
- Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli – Teriyaki is always a good choice.
- Mushroom Florentine Pasta – Trying a new kind of pasta, hopefully this will be filling enough for dinner.
Dinner ingredients were around $22 for the week.