Where has October gone? Halloween is in two weeks, Thanksgiving is in a little over a month then comes Christmas. This used to be my favorite time of year and then retail happened. Some Christmas carols give me terrible flashbacks, and just thinking about holiday decorations makes me shudder. Now that I’m no longer working in stores, I’m starting to embrace the holidays again.
But I do love that it’s baking season! I’ve already made my list of treats I’m going to make for gift baskets, and thinking about what we’ll make for Thanksgiving. I’m already looking at pumpkin pie recipes, because that’s my favorite food around this time, along with my grandmother’s recipe for stuffing, which I haven’t done right yet.
Enough forward looking, let’s focus on this week.
- Smoked Sausage and Potatoes – This is quickly becoming a favorite. I was up to my elbows baking an apple pie yesterday, so while the dough chilled, I whipped this together and tossed it in the oven.
- Stuffed Shells with salad – Trying something new this week. I’ve stuffed manicotti before but I haven’t tried shells yet.
- Shrimp, Spinach and Brown Rice – A usual favorite.
- Meatless Stir Fry – Something easy and cheap, I love meals I can use up produce in.
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken with salad – The recipe link no longer exists, but this is a usual chicken dish for us. Coat chicken with olive oil and garlic, and top with bread crumbs. Nice and simple.
We don’t eat nearly enough salads, so I thought I would plan for a few this week.
Dinner ingredients for the week was about $19.