A week from today we’ll be leaving on our mini vacation. It’s not much, just a quick trip to see my grandparents for my grandmother’s birthday, so my husband can meet my extended family. So we’ll be away for my birthday on the 19th.
On Labor Day we drove an hour and a half to spend it with my aunt, uncle and cousins. My parents surprised me by having my aunt make a cake for my birthday, the same kind that she made for our wedding. Yum.
One of my cousins has an archery set, so I got to shoot a bow and arrow for the first time ever. Unfortunately, I suck at it, and I have a giant bruise on my forearm to remind me. Note to self: when offered safety equipment, take it.
I’m a bit accident prone. Along with that bruise I have one on the same elbow from slamming it on my desk. Also, yesterday I made Green Pepper Casserole, which is a dish that I cook on top of the stove and then put in the oven in the same skillet. After taking it out of the oven, I placed my finger on the handle and felt excruciating pain as I burnt I don’t know how many layers of skin off of my index finger. Same arm as the other two injuries. It’s a wonder I’ve never broken a bone yet.
Other klutzy accidents:
- I have a scar on my forehead from when I fell on the corner of a coffee table when I was 7. I had to get eleven stitches.
- I have a smiley face scar on my right thumb from reaching into a cabinet to turn on my N64. Would love to know who thought it was a good idea to leave picture frame glass under the TV.
- I had a cut on the same thumb during my wedding because I stabbed it with a thorn making my bouquet.
- Pretty sure it was that same thumb that I accidentally closed in the hinges of a heavy bathroom door when I was a kid.
- I fell at my cousin’s wedding rehearsal while carrying a vase. Cut my knee, one of my toes and a finger. My fault though, I was wearing loose platform sandals.
- While wearing those same sandals in Boston a few weeks later, I went splat on the pavement while going to get food. I no longer own those sandals.