Short week this week as it is Labor Day today and I didn’t make dinner last night. Instead, we had breakfast for dinner and my husband made some french toast (his idea).
So I have five meals but won’t be cooking one of them.
- Scallops with Angel Hair – Most likely the meal I’m skipping as the main ingredients are not perishable.
- Green Pepper Casserole – Simple and tasty.
- Skillet Sausage and Rice – This is different from other sausage dishes I’ve posted as the rice is simmered in with everything else, and ends up with a different texture. I’ll be adding chickpeas as well.
- Stir Fry with Tofu – Self explanatory.
- Honey and Soy Baked Chicken with Baked Potatoes – A simple, delicious chicken dish.
Dinner ingredients were around $40, counting the cardamom I had to pick up for my weekend project. I stocked up on 8 oz cans of tomato sauce, and I got an amazing deal on ground turkey, $2.99 down from $6.99