I was nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award by All-Round Better Me! Thank you so much, I’ve never been nominated for anything before!
The rules are simple: link the blogger who nominated you; list seven random things about yourself; nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers; notify the people that you nominate.
Oh dear, seven things about myself. I used to do this on here so hopefully I don’t repeat anything.
- Despite being a cat lover for as long as I can remember, I’m much more of a dog person now. I’ve never had a dog, but I’ve wanted one for my entire life. I still love cats though.
- I have basically no sense of smell. I can smell some strong things, like rotisserie chicken, popcorn and skunks (ew), but generally I have to stick my nose straight into a candle and still can’t get much of a scent. But in spite of that, gingerbread is one of my favorite smells in the entire world.
- My biggest pet peeve is bad grammar. I don’t mind things like in chat, but if you’re typing literally anything else, especially if it’s your job, you should know the difference between your and you’re, and they’re and their. Grammar is hard, I get that, but there’s no excuse for stuff you should have learned in elementary school. This is especially true for guys on dating sites, ‘your hot’ is not an acceptable first message. That’s like right under writing a resume, first impressions are everything.
- Speaking of, my husband and I met on OkCupid. I joined when I was 18 and forever single, and started going on dates when I was 20 after the worst breakup in history. I met a lot of great guys along with a lot of jerks then finally my now-husband messaged me. And the rest is history.
- I was single until I was 19. Not a single guy ever asked me out or showed interest except a couple guys in college. But those are very long stories. I’m very shy in real life and I even asked two guys out. They said no.
- One of my least favorite things is politics. Growing up it was just boring, now it’s idiotic. I rarely vote, only when there’s someone I can believe will do a good job, not just because he’s better than the other guy. I’m also Independent, I don’t like either side very much.
- I love musicals, all the way from Wicked (seen it three times, once on Broadway) to Glee. I’m not the kind of person that has to have music playing all the time, but I do love to sing. Not that I’m particularly good at it. I can carry a tune but I probably wouldn’t win American Idol anytime soon.
Now for my nominations:
It was such an honor to be nominated for my first award, check out the nomination post here.