So I have jury duty today. I’m so excited… A couple months back I got the letter in the mail. I guess I should be grateful that it was a week after the wedding as opposed to the Monday right after. Here’s hoping that they won’t pick me for anything.
I’m pretty proud of myself for this menu and grocery run. Since we still have meat leftover from Costco, we didn’t have to buy much. There was a ton on sale and I got a lot of great vegetables.
- Green Beans, Chicken and Potatoes – I make this once in a while even though I don’t like it much, but my husband does. This was on the menu for last week so I already had green beans and potatoes, but I didn’t end up making it.
- Cumin Rice with Eggplant and Peas – A new recipe. I wasn’t a big fan of eggplant the last time I used it but I’ve decided to give new vegetables three chances before I say I won’t cook with them. I’ve never cooked with cumin before so we’ll see how this goes.
- Spicy Sausage and Shrimp Skillet – Another new recipe. I was originally going to use scallops in this dish but I thought I should stick with the recipe the first time. I’m also using zucchini for the second time.
- Hummus-Crusted Chicken with Corn – I had some extra hummus so I thought this would be nice.
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Chick Peas – I gave my husband the choice of ravioli or this, and he chose this, so I’ll get my chick peas for the week.
Speaking of chick peas, I got some chickpea chips for the week because they were on sale, to dip into my hummus. Is it weird to eat chickpea chips with a chickpea dip? Also, is it chick pea or chickpea? I’ve been using both because a Google search shows both.
Total for dinner ingredients this week was only around $22. I also stocked up on some stuff like pasta sauce and ravioli for next week ($4 total), olive oil ($3.99 on sale down from $6.49), soy sauce, sesame oil, and blueberries ($.99 a pint!).
Our total bill was under $60 this week with $18 in savings. I don’t get into couponing much, but I can definitely see why they get a rush from getting a deal.