Here we go again! Some new stuff and some old stuff on the menu for the week.
- Smoked Sausage, Tomatoes and Okra Skillet – This was so yummy last time I made it, so I had to repeat it. Plus, chickpeas.
- Fajita Chicken Bake – I’ve never eaten fajitas before, so this should be interesting. Using some leftover yellow bell peppers from last week.
- Baked Shells with Pesto and Meat Sauce – Had some leftover pesto in the fridge from pesto chicken a few weeks ago, so this should be delicious.
- Shrimp, Broccoli and Brown Rice – My standard shrimp recipe, but I thought I’d try it with frozen broccoli instead of spinach.
- Stir Fry – I’m throwing one together randomly with mushrooms, carrots, broccoli and a green pepper.
Dinner ingredients add up to under $30. I bought a lot of staple foods that I’m using this week, such as minced garlic and brown sugar.
I splurged a little this week and bought some hard root beer that I kept seeing displayed in the store. I’m not one for soda in general, but it’s amazing! And a six pack will last me a bit because I’m such a lightweight that one per weekend is quite enough.