How was your weekend? Mine was pretty good, we spent Friday with my parents eating burgers (black bean burger for me), corn, fruit and ice cream.
Then on Saturday we went to my future in-laws’ for a cookout and I made some delicious cookies, oatmeal with M&Ms. We got to meet my fiance’s new baby nephews and I got to hold one, my first time holding a baby. He was so sweet.
Later on we picked up some Japanese food for dinner (yum, sushi!) and turned in early. No fireworks for us this year.
On the menu for the week:
- Skillet Sausage and Rice – Another variation of my favorite sausage dishes, and the very first recipe I ever made with green peppers. I’m throwing in some chick peas, because why not?
- Shrimp, Kale and Rice – Shrimp was on sale, so we’ll go with the best shrimp recipe.
- Tofu Stir Fry – Same as my Meatless Stir Fry, but adding tofu.
- Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce – This is a new one. I’m really bad at making sauces, but I’ll give it a try.
- OMG Chicken – I haven’t made this one in a long time because I don’t tend to have sour cream, mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt on hand. I bought a large tub of Greek yogurt this week to snack on and for this.
I lost two pounds last week (I think, probably just mostly water weight/fluctuations) so I got a ton of healthy snacks for this week to keep me from eating junk. Hummus was on sale, so of course I had to get something to dip in it, so I grabbed some black bean chips that were also on sale. I got the Greek yogurt instead of individual cups of it, and have been eating it with a little honey. Berries were on sale for 2/$5, so I got a pint of blueberries and a pound of strawberries. I’ve been using them in my oatmeal plus I made some blueberry pancakes yesterday morning. I also found a pound of organic carrots for $1.29.
$35 for all dinner ingredients, about $16 for snacks, $23 for staple items, and $15 for personal care items.