A month and ten days until the wedding!
- Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry – A simple favorite for us, plus the easiest sauce ever, just soy sauce and honey.
- Baked Chicken Legs with Corn – Probably thaw some mashed potatoes for this as well or another frozen protein side.
- Alaska Salmon Tetrazzini – Pasta dishes like this end up runny for me, we’ll see how this goes.
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Spinach and Chickpeas – See tetrazzini
- Baked Tilapia with Corn – I only have two of these left, hopefully they’ll be enough.
Under $30 for dinners this week.
Bread was on sale buy 1 get 1 and I got the last loaf on the shelf of Arnold Limited Edition Everything Bread. I’m sad that it’s limited because it’s awesome, it has sesame seeds and poppy seeds and all sorts of cool stuff in it.
English muffins were also on sale buy 1 get 2, the fiance takes two English muffins with jelly every morning for breakfast to work.
Some new yogurt I’ve never tried before was 4/$5 but I also had a coupon for buy 1 get 1. I ended up paying $3.75 for four, which really isn’t that great of a deal after all I guess. Edit: I will not be buying this yogurt again, yuck.
Boneless skinless chicken breasts were on sale for $1.88/lb so I grabbed a bunch of them. They’re not as valuable as thighs and legs as far as getting bones for stock, and it’s a dollar more than I pay for those, but it’s nice to have a change once in a while. I prefer light meat to dark.
Lots of good deals in the produce department too. Corn was 6/2.99 and strawberries were 2/$5, so I got a pound of them for $2.50. That’s close to the best price I’m going to get around here for berries. Pineapples were also $1.88 instead of $3.49.