First day of the week, first day of the month. Let’s do this.
My fiance has a banquet to go to tonight, so I’ll have to knock one of my recipes off the menu since I won’t be cooking tonight.
My menu for the week:
- Spinach Lasagna – Lasagna is something I love to eat but I haven’t explored making it too much. I make a decent Three Cheese Lasagna and I’ve made one in the slow cooker, but I had some spinach to use up so I decided to try this one. I made it Sunday night, it wasn’t bad.
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken with Spinach Parmesan Couscous – Both recipes feature Parmesan, but neither will actually get any because I never buy it for some reason. I usually leave the cheese off the chicken and I have some mozzarella for the couscous.
- Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry – I’m finally doing something different with shrimp! I’ll be combining a couple of old recipes to make this one.
- Baked Tilapia – I had some frozen tilapia left over from making this a few weeks ago so I thought I’d make it again this week. But this is probably the meal getting knocked off for banquet night. I was going to serve it with corn, I’ll have to fit that in on another night.
- Chicken Stir Fry – Self explanatory.
All of my dinner ingredients came out to about exactly $30.
I have no idea what my Thrifty Thursday post is going to feature this week. I have my wedding hair trial on Thursday so we’ll play it by ear.