Two months exactly to the wedding day, so excited!
This week’s menu:
- Baked Chicken Legs with Corn on the Cob and Potatoes – If you like fried chicken but not the grease and unhealthiness that comes with it, try this method of baking the chicken with a nice crispy skin.
- Smoked Sausage and Chick Peas – I made this a few weeks ago for the first time and I’m definitely looking forward to eating it again this week.
- Vegetable Tofu Stir Fry – I definitely want to make stir fries a weekly thing, they’re delicious and so easy to make and eat your vegetables.
- Man Pleasing Chicken with Spinach and Pea Fried Rice – Made this chicken a few weeks ago as well, but the rice is a new dish for me.
- Spaghetti – I use my mom’s recipe, and I think she got it from her aunt. Cook the spaghetti and heat up a can of plain tomato sauce. Add in oil, water and spices (usually a packet of spaghetti sauce mix, but I mix my own blend). Mushrooms are a great addition as well.
The total for dinner ingredients plus ingredients for my Thrifty Thursday projects came out to about $31. I still need to go to Trader Joe’s and get a few things.
I bought ten pounds of potatoes but forgot to actually put any in my meal plan, so I’m going to have to get creative. Loads of frozen french fries!