Last week didn’t go quite as planned. One day I was late coming home after dress shopping so I didn’t make dinner. I kind of like when things get switched around a bit because that leaves a few ingredients I can use the next week.
On the menu this week:
- Green Pepper Casserole – A common dish for us, simple and delicious.
- Vegetarian Stir Fry – A random sauce recipe plus the vegetables I have in the fridge. I bought some pineapple and mushrooms to go with the carrots in my fridge and frozen broccoli.
- Hummus Chicken with Corn on the Cob – I have some leftover hummus and frozen chicken thighs, why not try using it as a sauce? Corn on the cob was on sale for 5/$2. I’m going to wrap it in foil and put it in the slow cooker.
- Shrimp, Spinach and Rice – Another favorite dish.
- Baked Tilapia with Broccoli Edamame Rice – The dishes that didn’t get used last week. Everything in it is frozen so I thought they could safely be put on hold.
All of the ingredients for these dinners cost under $25, including the shrimp which was on sale for $4.99. I really need to figure out how to save more money because if dinners were only $25, where did the other $50 of our grocery bill go? (Besides Doritos that he had to get, even though he knows I’m trying to watch what I eat plus the fact that I can’t resist them).