I’m still recovering from our hike on Saturday. My arms are sunburnt pretty badly and one elbow is kind of swollen. It’s going to make it a bit hard to cook and do pretty much anything requiring the use of both arms.
But here’s my menu for the upcoming week:
- Vegetarian Stir Fry – No real recipe for this one. I was inspired by the ingredients from one and used the sauce from my Veggie Tofu Stir Fry recipe. I made this Sunday night and added tofu, carrots, mushrooms, frozen broccoli and pineapple. Yummy.
- Man Pleasing Chicken – I haven’t made this in a while but I finally picked up some dijon mustard this week so I thought I’d make it again. At first the ingredients made me hesitant, but this is pretty good chicken. I’ll be serving this with potatoes.
- Kale Tacos – Tacos or burritos aren’t something we eat a lot, but I was looking for a recipe to use the giant bag of kale I bought at Trader Joe’s. Plus this also uses beans, I’ve been looking for more bean recipes. Sounds delicious.
- Smoked Sausage and Garbanzo Beans – I’ve been dying to try chick peas in something and this seemed like a good start. I love cooking with smoked sausage.
- Crockpot Fried Chicken – Who doesn’t love fried chicken? Making it in the crock pot is so much easier than frying it in hot oil, and it’s just as delicious. While I could serve this with potatoes, that’s so cliche. I’ll be making couscous with some peas and broccoli for a nice healthy side.
I got a great deal on meat this week so I bought some leg quarters for only $.88 a pound. I’ll use the thighs for Man Pleasing Chicken, the legs for Fried Chicken, and the bones for chicken stock.
My total for dinner ingredients this week, including buying an extra package of chicken thighs to stock up came out to under $30.